Monday, May 10, 2010

405 East Third St., Austin, TX

405 East Third Street is the house that my mother grew up in. The first mention that I can find of my Mom's family living there was in 1935 and the first mention that I can find about the property was in 1848 when the state of Texas granted the property to James Cole. The first listing of the house in the Austin directory was in 1900. The photo was taken on August 5, 1943. My maternal grandmother is the woman standing in front of the house. My parents bought the house from my grandparents in 1973 and my Mom sold the property on November 15, 1989. By the time the property was sold the house was one of the few homes still standing in the downtown Austin area. The property is now part of the Austin Convention Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment